It’s no secret that being a cybersecurity startup in today’s business climate has its challenges. Ground-breaking technology isn’t enough to establish roots in the enterprise market—that’s why our team has dedicated this year’s efforts to refining and expanding the access of our novel software attack surface management (SASM) platform.
As the year comes to a close, we’d like to reflect on the progress our company has made, and how we plan to set our customers up for success in the new year. At a glance, we locked in key partnerships, launched our flagship runtime toolset, demonstrated the power of the RapidFort platform to key industry leaders and more. As we head into 2024, our team is more confident than ever in our abilities to meet the needs of security and development teams across the globe. Here’s a closer look at what we’ve achieved this year.
Key Achievements in 2023:
- RapidFort Achieves SOC 2 Type 2 Compliance: In August, we demonstrated our commitment to security and trust by achieving SOC 2 Type 2 compliance. SOC 2 is a globally recognized auditing procedure that measures a service provider’s ability to securely manage its data and protect the privacy of its clientele. The Type 2 designation specifically requires a rigorous and continuous demonstration of these controls over an extended period of time. All audited organizations must meet the criteria across five trust service principles: security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy. Achieving SOC 2 Type 2 compliance not only confirms RapidFort’s mature security practices, but also demonstrates our long-term commitment to maintaining all aspects of privacy for our partners and customers.
- Launch of RapidFort Runtime Protection: In September, we launched our flagship runtime toolset, RapidFort Runtime Protection. Runtime Protection actively scans, profiles, monitors and secures containers in lower and production environments, pinpointing the vulnerabilities within applications’ execution paths. This enables teams to protect their infrastructure by automatically securing unused components and unnecessary vulnerabilities, ultimately reducing software attack surfaces by 60-90%. With deep insights into their Kubernetes workloads, teams can prioritize vulnerabilities, streamline their remediation strategy, and make informed decisions across the board.
With the addition of RapidFort Runtime Protection, the RapidFort platform is the first solution on the market that offers build time CI/CD tools and runtime Kubernetes features that work in unison, helping distinguish our company as the go-to solution for vulnerability management.
- RapidFort Joins Microsoft for Startups Pegasus Program: In October, RapidFort was selected to be a member of the Microsoft for Startups Pegasus Program. A critical component of our go-to-market strategy, participation in this program ensures that Microsoft channels and customers have easy access to our market-leading SASM platform.
The Pegasus Program is an ecosystem of startups with unique solutions to critical market needs, offering a range of resources and support to participating companies. The program enables us to better serve our current and prospective customers, as major enterprise customers looking to accelerate business and unlock new opportunities around emerging technologies can connect with our products and meet with us one-on-one to collaborate on digital transformation and innovation opportunities.
- RapidFort’s inclusion in the Azure Marketplace: In November, the RapidFort SASM platform became available on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, an online repository containing IT software applications and services built by industry-leading technology companies.
RapidFort’s technology is the first of its kind on the Azure marketplace. Customers can now harness the powerful — Azure optimized — features of the RapidFort platform to scan, monitor and harden their workloads. Inclusion in the Azure marketplace serves as further testament to our mission to expand access to our technology for customers, empowering them to effortlessly secure and optimize their software.
- CISO Choice Award Win: Also in November, RapidFort was named winner of the prestigious 2023 CISO Choice Awards in the Vulnerability Management category. The award program honors leading security vendors who exemplify creative entrepreneurship and offer innovative solutions that address today's growing security challenges. The board of judges, composed of distinguished CISOs from major organizations across multiple industries, recognized RapidFort for our SASM platform’s ability to automatically remediate the majority of common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) found in all parts of software development and deployment lifecycle. This remediation frees up development teams to focus on building new software features and solving customer and business issues, resulting in a faster, leaner software organization.
Securing tomorrow: RapidFort’s vision for 2024
After such a successful year, we’re excited to see how RapidFort will grow in 2024. Next year, we plan to keep driving progress forward to better establish ourselves as the defacto solution for software attack surface management. Our goal has been and always will be to help companies save money on securing their software infrastructure, and we look forward to carrying this mission into the new year.
As we bid 2023 farewell, we are incredibly grateful to our wonderful team for all of their hard work and dedication. If this year has taught us anything, it’s the value of a trusted partner. To learn how RapidFort can better enable your security and development teams, schedule a demo with our team today: https://www.rapidfort.com/request-a-demo